6th Jan S2 Parents Evening is on Thursday 13th January online between 5pm-8pm. Please see the attached letter. Booking opens on Monday at 5pm.
“Children who are sick should not attend school and where a child has symptoms that could be from COVID they should stay at home and have a PCR test booked, and inform the school. If positive, they should isolate for 10 days from symptoms starting, or after 7 days if they have had 2 consecutive days of negative lateral flow tests.
Following changes by the Scottish Government, the requirements for isolation due to Positive cases and High risk contacts have changed. Please see the advice attached and FAQs. As always, we have a good supply of Lateral Flow tests for all pupils and Staff, and we will be giving this out in reception on a weekly basis. All Pupils can come to reception outwith these times to collect more tests.
If a case of COVID arises in a member of staff or student at a school, letters will be issued to those who have been in contact with the case which will explain what action needs to be taken. There will be no need for school contacts to self-isolate unless they are contacted by Test and Protect. In the event of further cases in the school, additional action will be taken and in the event of a significant outbreak advice will be sought from the Health Protection Team and actions undertaken depending on the specific circumstances.” Further information for families is available on the NHS Inform website at www.nhsinform.scot
There are things you can do to help reduce the risk of you and anyone you live with getting ill with COVID-19
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- wash your hands as soon as you get home
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
Please also follow the five rules that are highlighted in the national FACTS campaign -
- Face coverings in enclosed spaces
- Avoid crowded places indoors or outdoors
- Clean your hands regularly and remember to clean hard surfaces that you might be touching
- Two metre physical distancing remains in place – this is especially important at the school gates when dropping off or collecting your children.
- Self-isolate and book a test if you have any of the symptoms of Covid19 - a cough, a temperature, or a loss of, or change in your sense of taste or smell