Our students who took part in the production of "The Ancient Mariner".
Fàilte gu Ard Sgoil Phortrigh Welcome to Portree High School
Our school is a comprehensive and inclusive secondary school, located on the Isle of Skye in the Scottish Highlands; we have 13 associated primary schools throughout Skye and Raasay.
Currently, we have approximately 500 pupils enrolled in the school and 40 teachers, with a staying-on rate beyond into S5 and S6 well above regional and national averages. Our campus is a new building, officially opened in October 2010, that has been enthusiastically greeted by all the school’s visitors and pupils. The building also houses a number of community facilities including a swimming pool, public library and adult learning centre.
Miss C. MacDonald, Head Teacher
We have decided to look again at our Senior Phase curriculum, and are therefore holding a consultation with pupils, parents and staff. Please have a look at the Proposal below, and please complete this parental questionnaire as soon as possible:
All parents and guardians of PHS pupils are automatically members of the PHS Parent Forum. The Parent Forum elects a Parent Council that meets twice during the school term. Meetings are held in locations throughout the island, so we hope as many of you as possible can attend.
Daily Information is now available on-line
Vision Our vision is to strive for excellence and to empower our young people to succeed in learning, life and work.
Values Ready, responsible, respectful, resilient
- To enable our young people to be confident individuals, successful learners, responsible citizens and effective contributors
- To celebrate the distinctive culture of our island community and to value and promote the Gaelic language
- To foster an excellent relationship between the school and the wider community
- To ensure that our young people aspire to reach positive destinations by responding to the changing needs of society, including developing our young workforce and learning for sustainability
- To promote health and well-being ensuring our young people are safe, healthy, achieving, nurtured, active, respected, responsible, and included
- To promote high quality learning and teaching, striving to raise levels of attainment and achievement for all
- Working in collaboration with parents, the Residence staff and our partners to promote excellence