Our students who took part in the production of "The Ancient Mariner".
Fàilte gu Ard Sgoil Phortrigh Welcome to Portree High School
Our school is a comprehensive and inclusive secondary school, located on the Isle of Skye in the Scottish Highlands; we have 13 associated primary schools throughout Skye and Raasay.
Currently, we have approximately 500 pupils enrolled in the school and 40 teachers, with a staying-on rate beyond into S5 and S6 well above regional and national averages. Our campus is a new building, officially opened in October 2010, that has been enthusiastically greeted by all the school’s visitors and pupils. The building also houses a number of community facilities including a swimming pool, public library and adult learning centre.
Miss C. MacDonald, Head Teacher
Important Information UPDATE *3rd August 2020*
Please see the letter from Miss MacDonald and two documents attached from Nicky Grant, Director of Education.http://www.portreehigh.highland.sch.uk/Return%20to%20school%202020.pdfhttp://www.portreehigh.highland.sch.uk/FAQs___Parents_back_to_school_.pdfhttp://www.portreehigh.highland.sch.uk/20%2008%2003%20Parent%20letter%20pdf.pdf As indicated previously, pupils will return on a phased return next week, as follows: Wednesday 12th August: S1 and S6 onlyThursday 13th August: S2 and S3 onlyFriday 14th August: S4 and S5 only
The following week, everyone will be back in school full-time. Miss MacDonald will issue a detailed letter later this week.
All PHS pupils should access the Pupil Portal, for links to the school calendar, google classroom and the PHS Daily Attendance log while the school building remains closed. Pupils need to complete the log by 9:30am each day to record their attendance, and so that we can ensure that everyone is completing their virtual learning.
SQA Results day
Today, our Senior pupils will receive their SQA results. Please see the attached letter about what to do if you feel you think that the grade awarded for your child in a subject does not reflect the assessment information you have received.
Vision Our vision is to strive for excellence and to empower our young people to succeed in learning, life and work.
Values Ready, responsible, respectful, resilient
- To enable our young people to be confident individuals, successful learners, responsible citizens and effective contributors
- To celebrate the distinctive culture of our island community and to value and promote the Gaelic language
- To foster an excellent relationship between the school and the wider community
- To ensure that our young people aspire to reach positive destinations by responding to the changing needs of society, including developing our young workforce and learning for sustainability
- To promote health and well-being ensuring our young people are safe, healthy, achieving, nurtured, active, respected, responsible, and included
- To promote high quality learning and teaching, striving to raise levels of attainment and achievement for all
- Working in collaboration with parents, the Residence staff and our partners to promote excellence