Our students who took part in the production of "The Ancient Mariner".
Fàilte gu Ard Sgoil Phortrigh Welcome to Portree High School
Our school is a comprehensive and inclusive secondary school, located on the Isle of Skye in the Scottish Highlands; we have 13 associated primary schools throughout Skye and Raasay.
Currently, we have approximately 500 pupils enrolled in the school and 80 staff, with a staying-on rate beyond into S5 and S6 well above regional and national averages. Our campus is a new building, officially opened in October 2010, that has been enthusiastically greeted by all the school’s visitors and pupils. The building also houses a number of community facilities including a swimming pool and the public library.
Mr A Breen, Head Teacher
COVID UPDATE 9th Sept 2021
PLEASE SEE THE LETTER FROM DONNA MANSON, CEO of HIGHLAND COUNCIL
“Children who are sick should not attend school and where a child has symptoms that could be from COVID they should stay at home and have a PCR test booked. Once well and with a negative PCR test, they can return to school.
If a case of COVID arises in a member of staff or student at a school, letters will be issued to those who have been in contact with the case which will explain what action needs to be taken. There will be no need for school contacts to self-isolate unless they are contacted by Test and Protect. In the event of further cases in the school, additional action will be taken and in the event of a significant outbreak advice will be sought from the Health Protection Team and actions undertaken depending on the specific circumstances.”
All Staff and pupils are encouraged to take part in twice-weekly Lateral Flow Testing. Please see the information on Asymptomatic Covid-19 testing procedures, factsheet, privacy notice and consent form. We have also provided a slideshow with details on taking the test.
Further information for families is available on the NHS Inform website at www.nhsinform.scot
The latest edition of Skyelines is now available .
PHS Uniform Policy 2021
Please see the latest letter with regards to the School uniform consultation with Pupils
Remember that the Pupil Portal contains links to Daily Info and COVID guidance
Please also see our Daily Information with relevant information.
4R's of PHS- Ready, Responsible, Respectful, Resilient
Vision Our vision is to strive for excellence and to empower our young people to succeed in learning, life and work.
Values Ready, responsible, respectful, resilient
- To enable our young people to be confident individuals, successful learners, responsible citizens and effective contributors
- To celebrate the distinctive culture of our island community and to value and promote the Gaelic language
- To foster an excellent relationship between the school and the wider community
- To ensure that our young people aspire to reach positive destinations by responding to the changing needs of society, including developing our young workforce and learning for sustainability
- To promote health and well-being ensuring our young people are safe, healthy, achieving, nurtured, active, respected, responsible, and included
- To promote high quality learning and teaching, striving to raise levels of attainment and achievement for all
- Working in collaboration with parents, the Residence staff and our partners to promote excellence